Program Development Assistant
POSITION OVERVIEW: DCINY is growing and looking to add a musically passionate, dynamic and talented individual with a strong classical music background to the team in the role of program development assistant. Our dream candidate will be a rock star in customer service, provide exceptional overall office support and serve as our primary contact for phone calls and communications from prospective and current DCINY artists and performers. DCINY employees are integral to the successful preparation and presentation of DCINY concerts in prestigious performance venues including Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts and Disney Hall, Los Angeles.
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Distinguished Concerts International, New York is a classical music production company based in New York City. We work with national and international organizations to present full-scale choral masterworks, instrumental performances, chamber music series, and various innovative projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide basic information to clients and staff regarding concert season and various aspects of the company.
• Responsible for correspondence, letters of invitation, and general written communications at the request of the development team.
• Assist in development of future programming for the series, including liaison with guest conductors, performing artists and ensembles by phone, email and in person.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date information of clients by entering and updating data in office software (Salesforce) and also keeping hardcopy files.
• Occasional availability on evenings and concert weekends.
COMPETENCIES and QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, the individual selected should have:
• Bachelor/Advanced Degree in music or music administration or related discipline.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and listening skills. Ability to successfully multi-task and excel in a fast paced environment and be attentive and precise in details.
• 1-2 years of related experience with reception preferred.
• Computer Literacy: Familiarity with PC platforms and ability to work with MS Office required. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
• Ability to manage phone and in-person inquiries in a professional, patient and friendly manner.
• Interest and background in classical and choral music and concert production. Past work with choirs a huge plus, whether as a singer and/or coordinator!
• Fluency in languages other than English a plus.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience. This is an entry level position and includes full benefits and matching 401K.
TO APPLY: • Resume showing work history • Contact information for at least three references • A cover letter telling us why we should meet you! • To learn more about our company, visit: www.DCINY.org • Please email or fax your materials to JobsDev@DCINY.org • No phone calls or walk-ins please.